Monday, March 2, 2009

History Comes Alive!

I love history. And I love people who make it come alive for me!

Check out this website to see amazing pictures of a handcrafted model of Herod's Temple. This would be the Temple that Jesus Christ walked in and that was destroyed by Titus, the Roman general in A.D. 70.

What struck me was the creator of this masterpiece has individually crafted 32 figures of Jesus to represent different scenes in our Lord's life. Yet, he says, "no one can ever spot Him no matter how religious they are."

Reminds me of the religious leaders of Jesus' day. Even though the prophet Daniel foretold to the day the arrival of the Messiah, they missed Him.

It also reminds me of myself. Do I miss seeing Jesus in my everyday life? Does His small, still voice go unheeded in my heart? Am I too busy with the "important" things in life, that I miss Him in the lowliest and "least of these"?

Enjoy the pictures and article about this fascinating display. Field trip, anyone?

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Free Ebooks